Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Finding a publisher for your short story by Leanne Dyck

(google image)

Seeking the all-powerful wizard, I climbed the mountain. I confronted the ferocious dragon and won. All so that I could ask my question, “Oh, great wizard who will publish my short story?”

Great wizards...

The New York Centre for Independent Publishers


Canadian authors 



There are three types of submissions…
Traditional:  the publisher pays you so they may publish your story
Contest:  In most cases, you pay an entry fee. If you win the contest, your story is published.
Contribution: No money changes hands. Your story is published and promoted.

One publisher may accept one, two, or three types of submissions.

A word of caution:  ensure that the publisher is legitimate by purchasing their publication and, or inspecting their web site.