Thursday, May 12, 2011

Pattern shared

It's the middle of May. Summer is on it's way. Let's celebrate! Knit this fun knitting project today.


Barefootin' Foot Thong

One size fits most (model's foot is a size 8)

Tension: 4 stitches = 1 inch worked over seed stitch

Needle: 4.50 mm (US 7/ UK 7) or size to obtain tension
one set, plus two double point needles to make I-cord
Yarn: worsted weight (approximately 100 yards)
cotton and hemp yarns work well

seed stitch (over even number of stitches)
Row 1: knit one, purl one--continue to end of row
Row 2: purl one, knit one--continue to end of row
Repeat rows 1 and 2 for pattern

Triangle panel (make 2)
Measures: four inches x two and half inches
Cast on 16 stitches
Work in seed stitch for one inch
Continue in pattern decreasting two stitches every second row

I-cord

Using double point needles, cast on 2 stitches
Work six I-cords one and half inches long for end loops
Work two I-cords twenty-eight inches long to wrap around foot (adjust length of I-cord based on size of foot)

Finishing
Sew shorter I-cord at the corners of the triangle panel to form loops
Thread longer I-cord ties through loops
Wrap I-cord ties around foot and secure with a knot.


***


Please welcome author Veronica Lynch