Sunday, August 2, 2026

A Secret Message Everyone Could See (poem) by Leanne Dyck

 A dear memory of a mother's love.

photo by ldyck

A Secret Message Everyone Could See


My mom cradled my hand in hers.

With the finger of her other hand,

she wrote letters

in my palm.

I

L

O

V

E

Y

O

U

A secret message

that only I could feel,

but everyone else

could see. 



"selfie" by ldyck

(My neighbour Kathy gave me this beautiful flower.)



My summer reading list...


by Shelby Van Pelt
An octopus forms a special relationship with a lonely senior citizen.

Lent to me by a friend
read

by Glenn Dixon

Purchased online
read

by W Bruce Cameron
Explores the special relationship between a dog and their human.


Thrift shop find
read

by Nita Prose
A famous writer is found dead. Why? How? Who?
The second book in the Molly Maid series.

Yarn sale find
read

by Gwen Cooper
The remarkable adventures of a blind cat.

Given to me by a friend
reading

by Tyler Hellard

Ordered online
to be read

by Bette Greene

Ordered online
re-read (I read this book for the first time when I was in junior high.)