Sunday, August 28, 2022

Callie Ch 8 by Leanne Dyck (inspired by the writing life) "Just the Two of Us"

 Chapter Seven: With a job that supports her writing and Aurora realizing how important Callie is to her process, prepare for a happy ever after ending.

                                                                        photo by ldyck

Callie

Chapter Eight

I remember the day it happened. I was taking a bus to the grocery store. A couple got on and sat in the seat in front of me. She turned around, "Hey, I know you."

She didn't look familiar. I racked my brain trying to figure out where we could have met.

"At the Starving Artist," she said.

"I was your w--."

"Look, honey." She nudged her boyfriend...husband. "She's that writer we like."

"Nice to meet you. My name is Aurora Corbin and I'm a writer." From that day on, I knew who I was.

Thank you for reading Callie.

I hope you enjoyed this story.



Are you following me?



                                                                    photo by ldyck

September on this Blog...

You may know that I write to adults and children. You probably know that I write short stories. You may not know that I write memoirs. I will make room on this blog... 

 in September for all these interests--I will review two books and share two short stories...

Sunday, September 4 

Book Review: Binge by Douglas Coupland (short story collection)

Published by Penguin Random House Canada

commenting on our current culture

Thursday, September 8

International Literacy Day

Sunday, September 11

Books by Leanne Dyck (short story)

"Dyslexics don't like books. They're reluctant readers," they say.

Hmm, well... Not all of us. I've always loved stories. This story explains how much.

Sunday, September 18

An Old Man On A Small Island by Leanne Dyck (short story)

What do people do for fun on my remote island home? You may wonder.

This short story answers that question.

Sunday, September 25

Book Review: The Secret Diary of Mona Hasan by Salma Hussain (middle grade novel)

I'm currently savoring this book. Will I finish it in time to review it? Here's hoping.