Sunday, December 30, 2018

2018: My List of Accomplishments by Leanne Dyck

I began 2018 with two goals in mind. I wanted the right publisher to find me and I wanted to finish writing my middle-grade novel. I've made progress but... Still, as the last days of 2018 fly by, I'm smiling.

Here's why...


My list of 2018 accomplishments


Writing...

for children...


In 2018, I wrote 17 stories for children--including picture books, a board book, an early reader book and a chapter book for a total of 53 picture book manuscripts.

I'm currently working on 4 picture book manuscripts.


for adults...

In 2018, I worked on 4 short story collections and 5 short novels


In total, including my YA novel, I have 63 manuscripts waiting for the right publisher.

Networking...


As of today, there are 24,000 members in my online community
(Linked In, Facebook, Google +, Twitter)

Blogging...

As of today, this blog has received 330,000 page views

Most popular posts...


Wanderlust (438 page views)
Inspired by an online writing prompt

Moving to an Island (310 page views)
Inspired by my move to a small island

Making Writing Pay (256 page views)
Inspired by my change of attitude--from caring for children in daycare centres to my work as a writer.



This month...


This blog has been added to the Top 100 Canadian Book Blogger list. (In 2019, I plan to visit most--if not all--of the blogs listed. I invite you to too.)

Happy New Year!! 

Thank you for your continued support. Looking forward to sharing
2019 with you. (And there's lots to look forward to like short stories, book reviews and--at least one--guest post.)



Something like this...is what I was aiming for, but...

Knitting Project Update...
I'd like to be able to write that the receipt of my Christmas knitting project loved the sweater but...
The sleeves were too long, the body too short, the pockets too wide and the stitch for the shawl collar didn't work. Here's hoping for better luck in 2019.