Monday, June 24, 2013

Leanne Dyck in A Needle Pulling Thread

I wrote a brief 'spotlight' article for A Needle Pulling Thread (spring, 2008)...




Knitting was a gift given to me by my mom and grandma. Mom desired to have her daughter share in the pleasure of her craft. She also wished to further the development of a grandparent -- grandchild relationship. Bearing these things in mind she whispered in grandma's ear. "She's ready" and my knitting life commenced.

(The Norwegian Purl)

Many people have been puzzled by my stitches:  Why do I knit like that? What exactly am I doing? Those who know smile and inquire, "Who taught you to knit?" 

I smile back and say, "My Icelandic Canadian Grandma." 

Though both my mom and grandma have long since passed, I continue their knitting legacy.

Although mom was not my first knitting teacher, she did ensure that my knitting experiences remained fun and rewarding. It is this philosophy that inspires my designs. I seek to break all design components down to their simplest form so that all knitters regardless of their skill level can have a fun and rewarding knitting experience. Please log on to my web site and witness the unfolding of my knitwear design career.