Tuesday, May 31, 2011

No excuses--action

I'm one of those unique blends of introvert/extrovert. I'm content with my own company, but I do like people. It takes me a lot of self-talk to get me to a social situation, but once I'm there I usually have a wonderful time and am glad I went. This coming weekend (June 3 to 5) I'm going to a writer's conference. I won't be there alone. Oh, no, gobs and gobs of people will be there. What's helping my extrovert drag my introvert? Well, tons of things actually I'm going with a dear friend and fellow writers' group member. On Friday night I'm looking forward to listening to William Deverell talk books.

I fondly remember meeting this author in print. I was visiting an aunt. She showed me the book she was reading--Kill All the Judges. 

I said, "Oh, that looks interesting." I began to read and, with my aunt's permission, left with the book. Yes, I have a wonderful aunt. 

Also Friday night I will be meeting with a literary agent--for the first time, ever. and..and...and... This weekend I'm not listening to any excuses from my introvert. This weekend I'm allowing my extrovert to act. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? If you are an introvert, how do you convince yourself to be social? If you are an extrovert, how do cope with being alone?