Sunday, January 23, 2022

Silly Dog (short story, humour) by Leanne Dyck

 When a dog doesn't behave well, you have to ask yourself, whose fault is it? Is it the dog--or maybe, just maybe, the human? My relationship with my dog Abby inspired this silly short story.

photo by ldyck

Silly Dog

I have a problem with my dog Sit. He just won't come.

When I call, "Come, Sit."

He doesn't come--all he does is sit.

I call, "Come" and he starts to come but then I say, "Sit" and he doesn't come he sits.

Please, can you help me teach my dog Sit to come?


photo by ldyck

On this blog in January



Wednesday, January 26
Author Reading
An essay about finding inspiration

Sunday, January 30
Book Review
Away
Jane Urquhart

Sharing my author journey...


900,000 page views! This blog? Wow!

Thank you for your continued support. I can't achieve these milestones without you.

Why are pageviews so important?

Pageviews help you get noticed by publishers.

Pageviews prove to publishers that you are promotable.


Pageviews help you see that you are learning how to market your writing. And like it or not (I happen to like it) marketing your writing is one of our jobs as an author. 


If you're new to blogging 900,000 pageviews may overwhelm you. You may feel like you'll never reach that goal.

That's how I felt. But I just kept writing, kept having fun until... 


And I'm not stopping. I'm heading to one million. There's always another goal. There's always a reason to keep my fingers dancing over my computer keys.

The book review blog, CanLit for Little Canadians reached 1,000,000 pageviews on January 15. A well deserved milestone reached.