Sunday, January 20, 2013

What Michael J. Fox might not know about hockey

Recently, I watched David Letterman interviewing Michael J. Fox
Did you know that Michael J. Fox was born in Canada?
Yup, he was. And Michael (or Mr. Fox) told David (or Mr. Letterman) that we Canadians were walking around like zombies. 
Why?
Well, because there was no hockey due to the NHL (national hockey league) lock-out.
But I think Michael (or Mr. Fox) didn't look very hard because hockey was every where during the lock-out. 
How do I know?
Well, because I went to the arena and saw a very cool game.


What made this game so cool?
Well, because a relative (by marriage, but still a relative) was on the ice. Not only that but he scored a hat trick (three goals in one game). 
And poor, Michael (or Mr. Fox) thinks there's no hockey.


I began to worry, what other things about hockey does Michael (or Mr. Fox) not know?
Now, I'm not really that knowledgeable about hockey so this won't be a very long post. But still it needed to be written... 
Why?
Well, because Michael J. Fox is one of my heroes and so I want to keep him well informed.
And so...I bring you my 


Hockey Facts


My favourite hockey songs...

He Shots He Scores by Jughead



The Hockey Song by Stompin Tom Connors



Where the five hole is located?

Oh, yeah and that there are three periods in one game.



Organized hockey is fun but shinny may be better.

Learn more about shinny here

Oh, yes, and just in case you didn't think I cared. I did catch glimpses of Saturday's game between the Habs and the Leafs. And my husband cheered enough for both of us.
***
Next post:  Book discussion:  Inside by Alix Ohlin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ι cοuldn't refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!

My web blog ... http://www.zulutradeonline.com
My homepage : zulutrade erfahrung

laurie Buchanan said...

I just learned a whole, nother, wonderful facet about you that I wasn't aware of! COOL!

Leanne Dyck said...

: ) Thank you for your kind comments.