Thursday, January 10, 2013

Reviewing Beyond Knit and Purl


The first things that attracted me to this book were the soothing colours and the conversational writing style. I know knitters will enjoy the projects that range from small to larger items. However, I would also recommend Beyond Knit & Purl to knitwear designers because the information Kate has included would help in the development of patterns. Thank you, Kate Atherley, for this fun and informative book.



Author/knitwear designer Kate Atherley has visited this blog. Clink link to read that interview.
***
Work in progress

My old computer is seeking early retirement and so this necessitated the acquisition of a new computer. I find change difficult. And this change has been especially taxing. First there was a problem with the email. Thankfully my computer savvy husband was well-equipped to deal with this issue. But then...then...then...(excuse me while I kick the wall) 

I've been working on revising The Sweater Curse--pressing 'save' as I go, trusting 'save' meant what I thought it meant, thinking that my relationship with this new machine was mellowing into a mutually, supportive one. 

Turns out it wasn't. Turns out the new computer was only toying with me. Turns out each time I pressed send it was laughing in my ear. 

"Save this? Why should I save this," my new friend said. "I don't need to save this." And so it didn't. 

I've resisted the impulse to toss it out the window. And, for this, I think I deserve a medal.

Hmm, unless I saved it in this document. Yes! Here it is. Well, my week just improved immensely. : )

Human error--it does happen.

2 comments:

Laurie Buchanan said...

"...soothing colours and the conversational writing style."

Ya gotta love it!

Leanne Dyck said...

Yes, you do. And yes I did.
: ) Thank you for your comment, Laurie.