Thursday, July 14, 2011

Last Saturday on Mayne Island (church fair and music)

First I have to brag. Hubby and I got a top score on Rock Band for drumming and singing C.C.R.'s Proud Mary. Here's proof...



Now come with me to the St. Mary Magdalene church fair...
First stop for me is the book tent...


I bought 10 books for six dollars--among them: The Guns of August by Barbara Tuchman, David Copperfield by Charles Dickens, The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger (I read this in junior high but wanted to re-read it and couldn't find Hubby's copy), The Pelican Brief by John Grisham, Too Close to the Falls by Catherine Gildiner, A Son of the Circus by John Irving, Look at Me Now and Here I Am: Writings and Lectures 1909 - 45 by Gertrude Stein.
Two of these authors have dyslexia. Can you guess who?


More fun activities, wonderful treasures and delicious food under tents.


For example the craft tent--knitting, crochet, quilting, and sewing.



New this year the make-a-castle-out-of-recycled-material








It's rather amazing when you think children under twelve made all of the above.
(I apologize my camera ate one of these pictures.)




Inside the church music played. Can you hear Carol's elegant harp?


Then we have to pay a visit to the horse and donkey.



So much to do that sometimes you just have to take a break and enjoy the beauty that surrounds us.


Later that night Hubby and I went to an outside concert on the grounds of the Agricultural Society Hall.



Hubby was sound man.




Compassionate Guerrilla played.
It was fun music to dance to. I cut the rug...um...er...grass. : )