Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Finding a pool of creativity

Someone once said, "If I knew where great ideas come from, I'd go there more often." I have yet to solve this mystery. However, I know who is responsible for all of my great ideas--my muse. My muse is of me, but outside of me. She is linked to the global, eternal wealth of creativity. To nurture her, I must take proper care of me. Discipline: I must have structure in my life. So, I keep regular business hours and am open to creativity 24/7. Stimulation: I fill my life with the work of others--books, art, music. This inclusion allows my muse to dance. Concentration: I must be able to focus. In order to do this, I need to control stress factors in my environment. So, I take care of my health and my relationships. Enjoyment: I have learned that my muse works the hardest when I am happy. So, in my life, I make room for the positive--through my actions and my thoughts. Responsive: I listen closely for my muse's call. Weather she calls in the morning, noon, or night I'm ready. Pens and paper are always (usually) easily accessible. How about you? How do you draw from the creative pool?

4 comments:

creativepotager said...

Leanne thanks for inviting to "have a peek" as I am so glad that I dropped in. Most day I draw from my creative pool with a great big brush loaded with paint that I attach to a canvas with even larger strokes of loose musings. Sometimes I walk quietly with my camera and feel my way into the frame of an image waiting to be invited. I like to be invited :)

The Sweater Curse said...

Thank you Creative Potager for accepting my invitation to visit--and for your comment. I enjoy watching you and your muse at work over at http://creativepotager.wordpress.com

holessence said...

Beautiful photos to accompany your thought-filled description.

My muse is empty space. I make myself available and surround myself with space (no clutter, no "stuff"); that's when it starts to flow.

The Sweater Curse said...

Thank you, Laurie. All were taken by me--amateur photoghaper. I'm blessed to live on such a beautiful island. I just have to point and shot.
Ah, no clutter--I certainly could do with more of that in my life.