Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Benefits of Blogging

What can blogging do for you? What has blogging done for me?

It's helped me to develop the habit of writing daily...

I've set the goal to write daily, often. But it was only when I declared this goal to the world by way of my blog that the goal became a commitment. Now I have readers, like you, waiting for articles. Now I have motivation. And by meeting this commitment I'm proving to publishers that I can make deadlines.

It's enabled me to network with other authors...

I live in a rural island. Without this blog, it would be difficult to network with authors--beyond those in my small writing group. Every Friday, on this blog, I publish an article or an interview written by a guest author. Through this connection I'm able to gain inspiration from their example and learn from their author journey.

It's helped me to avoid the social media time suck...

Like many, I could spend hours on Twitter, Facebook and Google +. There goes my writing time. Still I need to maintain my presence on these important social networks. Where did I find a solution to this dilemma? On this blog, through it I'm able to publish my articles on a variety of social networks without actually logging on to them.

Read more about the benefits...
What I've Learned About Blogging from Writing More Than 1,000 Posts

Ten Benefits of Blogging

What are the 10 Secret Benefits of Blogging?

5 Benefits of Blogging for Writers

Why Should Writers Blog?

The 20 Biggest Benefits of Blogging

21 Most Inspirational And Biggest Benefits of Blogging

The Top 5 Benefits of Guest Blogging

5 Benefits of Having Guest Writers on Your Blog

More about blogging...
Blog Communities:  Forming a Safe Place for New Writers in a Scary Online World












Buy Mayne Island Skeletons
Magda's Mayne Island Mystery and Mayne Island Aliens are available on Mayne Island from the author

2 comments:

Laurie Buchanan said...

Leanne - another benefit of blogging is it helps to build and reinforce the ever-important writer's platform. Nonfiction or fiction, a well-built platform is mighty important to literary agents and publishers.

Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you, Laurie. Good point--well made.