Monday, February 25, 2013

World Day of Prayer


I know/feel/belief that this blog is not the place for me to promote my political leanings nor express my religious believes. But I hope that you will allow me this transgression. Today I'm going to be a little "churchy". March 1st is the World Day of Prayer. On Mayne Island Protestants, Catholics and hopefully others from other faith believes will gather at St. Mary Magdalene Anglican Church. We will sing hymns, pray and celebrate God, together. That day that which divides us will be overcome as we open our hearts and minds to diversity. Join us. Our service begins at 1:30 p.m. 
***
Thursday, February 27th is Anti-bully day
***
Speaking of Mary Magdalene, here's a link to one of my favourite songs.
***
Next post:  Come with me to the Galiano literary festival

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings I am so glad I found your weblog, I really
found you by mistake, while I was researching on Aol
for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like
to say cheers for a remarkable post and a all round exciting
blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to go through it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome job.

Check out my webpage; pinterest get followers

Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you for your kind comments and encouragement.

Laurie Buchanan said...

Amen siSTAR!

Leanne Dyck said...

: ) Thanks, Laurie.