Monday, September 19, 2011

Knit easy lace

The fashion conscious know, this year lace is in.
The Knitting Directory has a selection of lace stitch patterns. Each are classified 'Intermediate'. The instructions include gobbly-gop like this:  k1, *yo, k3, y0, k1 and k2, sl1, k2tog, psso, *k3, sl1, k2tog, psso
What if you have beginner knitting skills? What if you can;t read these instructions? Does it mean that you can't knit lace?
Nope. Easy lace to the rescue.

Double wrap yarn
 Simply wrap yarn around your needle twice.
The first rows of this sample is seedstitch. The results of the double wrap can be seen in the last row--cute and lacey.

Do the Combo
 I knit the seed stitch using 4.50mm/US 7
Simply changing to 10mm/US 15 resulted in this lacey stitch.
My 'Queen Anne Lace scarf' pattern uses this method.
***
Next post:  (Tuesday) My Journey to becoming a young adult author
(Wednesday) The Sweater Curse on Youtube
(Thursday) Patchwork of who, what, where
(Friday) Please welcome author Sharon Wildwind

2 comments:

holessence said...

Ooh la la!

Author Leanne Dyck said...

(kisses fingertips) Ah oui, oui.
I love your comment regarding my stitch patterns. You crack me. : )