Thursday, March 24, 2011

Free pattern: spring coil scarf

You got to know that if I'm ever offered yarn, I seldom if ever refuse it.
Case in point, two years (a guesstimate) a box of novelty yarn appeared on my doorstep.


The balls varied in size and colour. However, all were less than 200 yards.
What am I going to make with this?
I grabbed circular needles (4.50 mm/US 7/ UK 7) 32 inches long--from needle tip to needle tip.
Tension: 5 stitches = one inch


I cast on 80 stitches and I worked in garter stitch for approximately four inches.


What would you have made?
***
Work in progress: Turning ( a young adult adventure)
Word count: 37, 098 words
A new sentence added: They clung to her curve and accented her china doll colouring.

5 comments:

holessence said...

What you made from the yarn is really neat! I wouldn't have known what to do with it, but my grandmother would have. She belonged to a group of knitters and they lovingly referred to themselves as "The Knit Wits."

Your newest sentence is great!

The Sweater Curse said...

"Knit Wits" is a very popular name with knitters. In fact, a few years ago, bored with solitary knitting, I decided to form a group. Knitters came by the dozen. Given the opportunity to name our new knitting circle, they choose the Mayne Island Knit Witts (with two 't's.) I'm happy to report that they still happily meet once a month.

The Sweater Curse said...

Thank you as well for your kind comment regarding my new sentence. : )

ravi said...

Warm Greetings!




Today, I visit your website and after reading your blog i realize that it is very informative. I'm highly impressed to see the comprehensive resources being offered by your site.


Thanks and Regards



coil spring

निर्मला कपिला said...

very beautiful.