Monday, February 28, 2011

Knitting tutorial: Hank's having a ball

Okay, so, you walk into your favourite local yarn shop. Look around, and find it. The perfect yarn. Trouble is it looks like this...

You can't knit with it in this state.
Question: how to transform a hank into a ball?
Step 1: untwist Hank and lay him on your lap.


Step 2: Find an end.

Step 3: Make several loops.


Step 4: Begin to form a ball.

Step 5: continue winding...


Don't stop until you have a ball.

***
Web Tour
I'm being featured on Charlene Wilson's blog. Please visit me here
***
An article has been added to the www.markhamvillagewriters.com site. I'm one of the Guest Writers.
***
Shayne Leighton's Playlist Of Light and Darkness is featured on the Decadent Publishing blog
***
Work in progress
Word count: 31, 043 words
A new sentence: I swallowed my fear and stepped off the curb.
***
Next post: Free Tuesday: The saga of my overbite

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great author.I will always bookmark your blog and will eventually come back very soon. I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great work, have a nice afternoon!