Sunday, October 17, 2021

Dream (short story, romance) by Leanne Dyck

Romance, love is his heart and in his mind, but will she ever say yes?


photo by ldyck

He kept the ring in his breast pocket, close to his heart. Each evening he devotedly polished it. With every stroke, his image of their life together deepened in detail. He saw her in her wedding gown, glowing in splendour like a swan. Their big day forever to cherish. His ring on her finger. They would stand side by side through all life's triumphs and tribulations.

Memories, dreams, hopes, all made richer because they were shared by two.

Sheltering the ring in his pocket, he steeled himself. Today--today would be the day.

Each morning, for thirty years, when he opened the door to the diner, the first face he saw was hers.

"Order, please?" she'd ask, in her candy apple sweet voice. Then she would grin. It was the smile that did it. He had built a lifetime on that smile. 

His heart would race; his brow sweat. Quick, what was he going to say?

 No...not...maybe...no. Ashes...ashes...And just like that, his dream died. To be born anew in twilight.



 On this blog in October


Wednesday, October 20
Podcast Author Reading
Jaron Cardw, Author (short story) by Leanne Dyck

Sunday, October 24
Book Review
The Almost Wife (thriller)
by Gail Anderson-Dargatz

Wednesday, October 27
Podcast Author Reading
My Knitting Haven (short story) by Leanne Dyck

Sunday, October 31
Short Story
Eyes by Leanne Dyck

Sharing my author journey...

What an amazing adventure I get to tell of an island gal and her incredible blog...
On Sunday, July 18, 2021 I wrote...

On Saturday, July 17 at 10:16 am, my blog received 700,000 page views. Thank you for your continuous support. Without you, I'd be sharing my writing with the wind. It's so much nicer to share it with you.

And just four months later, I write...

On Saturday, October 16 (at approximately 2 PM), my blog received its 800,000 page view. 
And it just blew my mind. All I can say is thank you. The wild ride has just begun who knows what wonderful places we'll go to.