Sunday, December 8, 2019

Christmas Secrets (short story) by Leanne Dyck

About an adventure that...um, well, I really wasn't supposed to go on. Maybe I wasn't alone. Maybe you went on one of these adventures too?


Magical Christmas Reindeer in the woods photo by ldyck

Christmas Secrets


I knew I would find it if I looked hard enough. Dad was at work. Mom was busy baking shortbread cookies and other Christmas goodies. The coast was clear. As quiet as a mouse, I crept into my parents' bedroom. I searched high--balancing on my tiptoes, climbing on a chair. I searched low--flipping back the bedspread, crawling under the bed. 

And...I...found it.

Unable to suppress my joy, I ran into the kitchen singing, "Mom, do I really have to wait for Christmas to play with that sleepy-time doll?"

 Did you do that too? Or am I the only one?

Next Sunday evening... 




Book Review:  The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George (contemporary romance)
After 20 years of hiding, a middle-aged man learns how to live and love again.

Sharing my author's journey...

This week I worked on my 'Planning my success' binder.

I'm adding a directory. This week I added my media contacts--print media, broadcast media, Internet. It blew me away to realize that I had contacts in CBC and even across the sea in BBC. I'm hoping this binder will come in handy when the right publisher says yes.