Thursday, December 25, 2014

Podcast: An Ancient Tune (short story) read by the author

A Christmas selfie

An Ancient Tune 
A young woman travels to a distant land and solves a family mystery.


Please click this  link to hear me read this short story. It will take you to another page. Once on the page, link the icon beside the title of the story -- An Ancient Tune. (Please let me know if you encounter difficulties.)

Total listening time:  under five minutes 


This short story was inspired by Coldplay's song Viva La Vida
The tricky part to writing it was finding a title. I leapt from one idea to another, but none satisfied. I read this story at an open mic night on Mayne Island. I asked for help with the title and instantaneously I was given -- An Ancient Tune 

I hope you enjoy listening.



This year's tree is a collection of branches pruned off the trees that surround my home. The decorations are miniature crafted red cardinals. 

6 comments:

Darlene said...

Well done, Leanne. It was a lovely story and so well read. Happy New Year to you as well. Darlene

Leanne Dyck said...

: ) What a nice surprise to find your comment waiting for me, Darlene. I'm so glad you enjoyed the story. It's amazing the magic my (amateur) sound man husband can conjure in his studio.

letscutthecrap said...

This is a wonderful story and a fabulous idea. Well done!

As well, thank you for the shout out and I wish you all the best in 2015: health, happiness, reading, more great writing and publishing.

Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you, Tess. Looking forward to reading more of your entertaining posts in 2015.

ShirleyHS said...

I enjoyed hearing your voice, Leanne, and it was a treat to hear this story.

Happy New Year!

Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you for your kind comment, Shirley. You definitely inspired me to do the Podcast.
I hope 2015 holds many wonderful surprises for you.