Monday, August 6, 2012

how to double wrap stitches

From my email inbox...

Corky asked me to explain the double knit technique...

Row 1:
stick the tip of your working needle into the old stitch;

wrap the yarn around twice; 
pull the yarn through and remove the old stitch from the needle.
Proceed in this manner until the end of the row. 

Row 2:
Treat each of these double wrapped stitches as one stitch

stick the tip of your working needle into the old stitch; yarn the yarn around once; pull the yarn through and remove the old stitch from the needle. 

Now, why not use this new technique to work this scarf--as Corky is.

Adriene asked...

I read your blog and was hoping you would be kind enough to offer me some assistance.  I have just seen a photo in a fashion mag of a sweater i want to knit- what i am looking to hire is someone who can write a pattern based on the photo- it's a very simple sweater, no sleeves, no fancy stitches and a drapey cowl neck but i don't have a creative gene in my body- i've spent hours trying to find someone who can assist me and you are my last hope- i am simply exhausted by the search.  If you can offer me any guidance i would truly be very grateful, thanks for reading this note.

I'm busy writing. However, I'm hoping that one of you would be able to help Adriene.

If so, either leave a comment or email me at leanne@oknitting.com 

Thank you to Corky and Adriene for their emails. I really appreciate their help with my blog. If you have questions, comments or suggestions you'd like me to address on this blog, please ask. I'd love to hear from you.
***
Next post:  submitting:  flash fiction story published and...

2 comments:

laurie Buchanan said...

And while I don't knit, I certainly appreciate this skill in others!

Author Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you for your kind words, Laurie