Monday, July 16, 2012

Author readings, Farmers' Market and Church Fair on Mayne Island photos by Leanne Dyck

Friday:  Art Show at the library...


 (jazz music)








 (Everyone starts to gather for the author readings)

(Emcee:  Bill Maylone)

 (Amber Harvey read from her children's mystery:  Mayne Island Skeletons.
Photo from Amber's website)

 (Edward Gale read a poem)

 (Tina Farmilo read a creative non-fiction short story)


 (classical guitar)

 (Arriving home, I realized I didn't have a photo of me. So, I kept my dress on, grabbed the short story and asked my husband to capture my image.)


Saturday:  Farmers' Market...
(Last week I turned the camera lens in on the booth. This time I turned the lens out...)




Also Saturday:  the Church Fair
 (plant sale)

 (book sale--oh, yes, I did purchase an arm load)

 (the popular bottle booth)

 (Joyce Kallweit with her...)

 (sheep)

 (Emcee:  Derek Athea)

 (silent auction--careful don't get too close, it's wild down there)


(miniature donkey and horse--adorable but a little camera shy)
***
Oh, yes and...
Last Monday I spoke proudly of my mother-in-law and casually mentioned her spouse and sons. I told you that these "men folk" were musical. Today I'd like to do a little more than mention it. I would like to invite you to visit my husband's facebook page. He's been sharing his music-- he plays guitar. And I'm so proud of him I could burst--and I think I just have, all over you. : )