Monday, April 23, 2012

Patten shared: foot thong


Finished triangle panel:  4" wide x 2.5" high
Tension:  4 stitches = one inch over seed stitch on 4.50 mm/US 7/UK 7 knitting needles
Needles:  one pair of straight needles in the size needed to obtain tension
two double pointed needles to make I-cord
Yarn:  approximately 50 yards of cotton worsted weight

seed stitch (over an even number of stitches)
row 1:  knit one, purl one--repeat to end of row
row 2: purl one, knit one--repeat to end of row
repeat rows 1 and 2 for pattern


Triangle panel (make 2)
Cast on 16 stitches
Work in seed stitch for one inch
Decrease two stitches every row until two inches remain
Knit two stitches together
With threaded darning needle, pull thread through remaining stitch

I-cord
With double point needles, cast on 2 stitches
Consult: http://sweatercursed.blogspot.ca/2011/01/how-to-make-i-cord-knitting-in-circles.html
Make six I-cords 1.5 inches long and two 28 inches long
Sew the three shorter I-cords on the three corners of each triangle.
Thread the 28 inch long I-corsd through the three loops.
Wrap the I-cord over your big toe. Pull the I-cord tails behind your heel and tie secure.
***
Next post:  Sitting on a panel and awards...