Friday, December 16, 2011

Guest Post Author George Szanto


How/why did you start to write?
I’ve been writing since I was 5. It seemed natural to create the kinds of material others had produced for me, so I contributed too

How did you become an author?
As opposed why I started to write? Same thing, except that in the 6th grade I gave my teacher a short story, which she then read to the class. And I got a new respect from my fellow students.

What was your first published piece?
Too long ago to remember. I wrote plays as well, and they were performed early on

Where was it published?
All my plays were published by Playwrights Canada Press.

How long ago?
Eons. The first play was  published in 1972. My first books, one of essays and one of short stories, were published in 1977

What did you do before embarking on your writing career? Was it an asset to your writing? How?
Mostly I taught and travelled. Everything I’ve done has been grist for the writing mill
Please share one of your successful marketing techniques
Pushing my publisher as hard as I can

Parting words
Please check out my website, www.georgeszanto.com

Most recent release: