Thursday, December 24, 2020

Office Party (short story) by Leanne Dyck



A short story about an office party where I... Well, you just have to read this story.


photo by ldyck

I've never worked in an office. But... My husband's office parties are always so much fun. This one year they planned a night full of sketches. I was asked to participate so I wrote a short skit and planned to perform it that night.

The banquet hall was full--some people I knew in passing, others I didn't. I took a few sips of something strong left my husband at our table and went backstage. 

I came onto the stage wearing a red cow print robe with a hand-knit Santa hat.

Backstage voices:  "Is that my husband?"

"Is that my wife?"

On stage, I addressed the audience:  "It is I, the spirit of your better half. And I'm here to say... God bless you, each and everyone!"

I'm pleased to write that there was much laughter. And I learned, once again, that night, that I can gain dividends when I step out of my comfort zone. 

photo by ldyck

Join me here on Sunday, December 27 and we'll be a bow on 2020 with...

2020:  My List of Accomplishments



"Snowdog" made by bdyck on Monday, December 21, 2020

photo by ldyck


Are you following me?

Facebook
Twitter
Linked In


Very seldom do we on Mayne Island, BC get to enjoy the typical 

Canadian winter wonders and struggles. That all changed on Monday, December 21 when it snowed. And when it snows on Mayne Island the power (all together now) goes out. In fact, the power went out not only on that day but also the day after. Much thanks to the hard-working BC hydro workers who restored it just in time for me to prepare supper.