Sunday, April 16, 2017

Her Words (short story) by Leanne Dyck

Wise creatives remain open to inspiration; they welcome it. One way to invite it is to have new experiences. For example, a couple of evenings ago I read Byron did at an open mic night on Mayne Island. Early (too early) the following morning inspiration called. So I grabbed my pen. This is what I wrote...


Her Words

Open mic poetry night was the last Friday of every month. She went Friday after Friday until she found the nerve to share what she wrote. The lights were low; the bar crowded. She pushed her way to the microphone. She read her words slowly the way she'd reversed. It was all mostly a blur. But what a feeling; what a rush. Afterwards, he found her table, bought her a drink, and told her, "Wow, you're talented."

So she joined him in the cab. Later she wished it all had been a blur.


Happy Easter!


Next post:  Guest Post:  Please welcome children's author Sigal Haber
Published on Sunday, April 23rd at approximately 5 PM PT


As part of the Literary Festival Active Pass celebrations, I will be giving an author reading at 
11 pm
at Mayne Island library

I plan to arrive at the library before 9 am and leave at 4 pm. I don't want to miss a second of this special day.