Thursday, January 26, 2012

Canada Writes' Namedropping Nonfiction Challenge

I was going to post some cool photos I took recently during an ocean voyage I took recently. However, an offer I couldn't refuse was delivered to my email inbox--Canada Writes' Namedropping Nonfiction Challenge. So, I wrote this instead...

Leanne Dyck read the instructions over slowly. A true story about someone in my life...I could write about my husband...I have tons of stories about Byron. She gulped. But if I do he'd...he'd...never forgive me. He's so private. Her brows knit. But if I don't... Nervously, she rubbed her hands together. It's so hard to break into the publishing industry. Entring this contest might be my big break. What do I do? Think. Finally, the expression on her face softened. Of course... She crossed her fingers and pressed send.
***
Next post:  Please welcome Author Debra Purdy Kong

2 comments:

holessence said...

You're one smart cookie!

Author Leanne Dyck said...

Ah, thanks, Laurie--but if I was truly "one smart cookie" I would have figured out how to link to Canada Writes through my facebook account. Oh, well, you can't win them all. : ) And I guess my entry doesn't really qualify anyway. It was fun to write, however.