Friday, December 31, 2010

Avalon (a poem)

A golden ray kisses
The cheek of an angel
*
An angel whispers to a morning dove
"Awake my child and sing"
*
A morning dove's song
Awakens a fare maiden
*
A fare maiden employees
Her skein and needles to knit
*
A day begins on Avalon
*

*

The past:
November, 2005
After years of sharing my writing only with my long suffering husband, I began to blog. Encouraged by the number of page views, writing began to consume more and more of my time.

*
August, 2006
I self-published an audiobook collection of knitting-themed short stories--Novelty Yarn. Most reviews were positive. Most, but not all. One said, something like, the short stories are too short.
I'll show her, I thought. And a seed was planted.

*
October, 2009
I made a pact with myself--I will continue to submit one story, of whatever length, each month until I find a publishing house.

*
June, 2010
I found Decadent Publishing House (http://www.decadentpublishing.com)

*

October, 2010

I started blogging here on The Sweater Curse blog

*
The future:
January, 2011
The Sweater Curse will be published
*
All good things must come to an end, such is life, such is 30 Days of Decadence (http://30daysofdecadence.blogspot.com) Maureen O. Betita wishes you all A Howling Good New Year's Eve.
*
Becca Dale invites you into her life as she reveals all on the Daily Dose of Decadence blog (http://www.decadentpublishing.blogspot.com)

*

Next post: Six Senteces Sunday Submission

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.I will remember to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back later on. I want to encourage one to continue your great posts, have a nice holiday weekend!