Tuesday, September 3, 2013

What Happened to Bluegrass?

I blog three days a week:  Monday, Thursday and Friday. It's Tuesday. And here I am.
Believe me, I'm as surprised as you are that I'm blogging today. But I felt I needed to because I remembered some unfinished business. Last year I wrote:  Save Chilliwack Bluegrass
You may be wondering:  Was Bluegrass saved? What happened?
Well, I'm pleased to write that Bluegrass is alive and well. The festival was moved from Chilliwack to Maple Ridge.


The date of the festival remains the same:  Labour Day weekend. There have been some changes... A personal highlight for me was the fine and abundant selection of gluten-free meals. But some things remain the same. The music...oh, the music... One word: fantastic!

This year I enjoyed listening to...
The Crowe Brothers
High Plains Tradition
The Downtown Mountain Boys
The Fisher/Stevens Band
The Clover Point Drifters
The Still Blue
5 on a String


Thank you for reading. Now I return you to my regular schedule...

4 comments:

Laurie Buchanan said...

And while you rarely post on Tuesday, I only post on Tuesday (Hence, "Tuesdays with Laurie).

You know how much I enjoy your photo-laced posts - and this one's no exception. THANK YOU!

Leanne Dyck said...

And though I have yet to read Tuesdays with Morrie--it's on my bookshelf waiting for me. I won't miss a Tuesday with Laurie. : )
Keep smiling...

Amber said...

Whew! You had me worried! We can't lose bluegrass, Leanne.

Leanne Dyck said...

Cute! Absolutely not... Fear not... It is safe and sound and living in Maple Ridge. : )