Thursday, July 25, 2013

Writers, why would you change publishers?

A friend recently asked, "Why would you want to change publishers?"

My reply...

Finding a publisher for my novella proved to be a challenge. So when I heard about a new E book publisher I sent them my novella. I was over-the-moon when Decadent Publishing accepted my submission. We worked hard on the book. It was the first time that I'd worked with a team of editors. It was fun. And thanks to their guidance I grew as a writer.

When I began to work on the second half of The Sweater Curse, I faced a undeniable fact:  Decadent Publishing is a romance publisher. The Sweater Curse isn't a romance. I'm not a romance author.

On August 1st the rights to The Sweater Curse revert back to me. I will submit The Sweater Curse novel to other publishing houses.

What does this mean to you?

Well, you have a choice. You can either buy and read The Sweater Curse E book now from... 

Bono Books (Decadent Publishing's imprint)
Amazon

Or wait, probably years, to buy and read the novel.




Read 
the blurb...

Aspiring knitwear designer Gwen Bjarnson is stuck in Purgatory. To escape, she must re-examine her life, journey through her past and right a wrong. But which wrong?

Young and in love, she works to establish her career, except fate has different plans. One rash act and she loses everything. Never resting, always seeking, and yearning for what she can no longer have, Gwen faces the truth:  if she remains, others are destined to die.

How will she solve the mystery before it is too late?

the reviews...
'Stitch by colorful stitch, Leanne Dyck knits a tale of intrigue' 
Laurie Buchanan

'Leanne Dyck has crafted a tale as exotic and existential as Danish author Isak Dinesen's' 
Lou Allin 

'I found myself totally engrossed... Go out and pick this one up' 
Deborah Warner

'I found it very difficult to put this book down one I started it, because the voice of lovely Gwen Bjarnson, already dead at the start of the book, drew me in immediately.'
Holly Robinson

'The writing is strongly rooted'
Pam J. Amsden

Make your decision...
You have seven days...a mere week...

Bono Books (Decadent Publishing's imprint)
Amazon

If you are a romance author I'd highly recommend Decadent Publishing. You'll find Decadent Publishing's  submissions guidelines here and Bono Books (their imprint) submission guidelines here.

In closing I'd just like to wish Decadent Publishing much continued success and thank them for all the help they've given, offered me.
***
Sharing my author journey...

'I practice simply blossoming in the faith that I attract what I need simply by following and blessing my true nature.' 
Blessings by Julia Cameron (p. 16)

I continued my submission tornado--eight more submissions sent. (One unique short story per publisher.)
Plus...


Buy your copy here
And... And...
I'm preparing to embark on a writing journey of discovery. A journey that I'd like you to join me on. More about that soon...

3 comments:

Laurie Buchanan said...

Leanne - As you know, I thoroughly enjoyed reading THE SWEATER CURSE.

Leanne Dyck said...

: ) Yes, I do. And you went one step more by writing a stellar review that I've plastered almost every where. All I can say is, "Thank you." : )

Leanne Dyck said...

I was surprised to find my thriller no longer available a few days before schedule which necessitated the sudden change in this blog.