Monday, November 26, 2012

November's highlights

November says, "I'm full of wonder. Full of light. If you'll only look. If you'll only allow me to let you see."


(Photo taken during a November visit to Craigdarroch Castle)

One evening, my husband arrived home from the mainland and told me, "I'm on holidays."
I thought, Yes!




From a publishing house...
'Because we found your work of interest, it went to several readers... A Long Way From Her is engaging but'
I'm waiting for a publishing house to write 'and' instead of 'but'. Until then I take courage from that kind comment.




I'm excited to share with you that Canadian Stories (a literary folk magazine written by or about Canadians) will be publishing my short story Christmas Angels on Salt Spring Island in their Christmas issue.
Please follow this link to purchase a copy and for further details.



And I've been knitting for WinterCraft. 



'WinterCraft is a Christmas art and craft sale that runs for the first 3 weeks of December each year, 10 am - 5 pm, 7 days a week, at Mahon Hall (on Salt Spring Island)... This year the show runs from November 30th to December 16th.' (quote from the Salt Spring Island Art Council web site)



And to top off this wonderful month I attended the Federation of BC Writers Writers' Retreat on Bowen Island

My friend Amber Harvey has shared her well-written review of this event on her blog 'baringmyheart'. Please follow this link to read her words.
***
Next post:  Photos of the Writers' Retreat and a brief review.

Thank you so much for promoting my post while I was away. I really appreciate the wonderful job you did.

2 comments:

Laurie Buchanan said...

I'm confident you'll get an AND, not a BUT in the very, very near future!

Author Leanne Dyck said...

: ) Ah, Laurie, always my firm supporter. (lifting a vertical wine glass) Here's hoping you're right.