Thursday, September 6, 2012

Celebrating Creativity: upcoming dates of island events

The Gift
starring John Aitken and Gail Noonan
September 29th
Agricultural Society Hall on Mayne Island
7:00 pm  (time to be confirmed)
This performance received rave receives the first time it appeared. I'm not going to miss it again.

From my email inbox...

From the Crime Writers of Canada...



Grant McKenzie has a new mystery, Angel With A Bullet, and he’ll be at Chapters Victoria on Sept. 8.

Word on the Street September 30th


From the Mayne Island Little Theatre....

Antony Holland will be coming to Mayne Island for one night with his new show "One man in his time" on Sat 22nd September
This is a one -off opportunity to see a really great actor close up and enjoy a show that is getting rave reviews.
Antony has won 3 Jessie awards, 4 Lifetime achievement awards and has been elected into the BC Hall of Fame.

From Galiano Island...


***
Work in Progress:
In her book Writing Down the Bones Natalie Goldberg recommends keeping writing fun. One way she advises to do this is to take a break after a major writing push.
Yet, in his book On Writing Stephen King states that he writes everyday.
So, who do you listen to? What example do you follow?
I can't afford to ignore either author. So, when I sail away from my writing desk I pack a writing pad. One end of this writing pad has notes to enable me to work on my manuscript--in case my muse comes knocking.
The other end of this pad is blank this enables me to write morning papers (for more information regarding Morning Papers (and other artist ways) consult The Artist's Way:  A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron)--in case my muse decides to take a break as well.

Word count: 29, 396 words
***
Next post:  Please welcome Author Jake Raymond Needham

2 comments:

Laurie Buchanan said...

Your little island is one HAPPENIN' place!

Author Leanne Dyck said...

I did cheat a wee bit by including happenings on other places. But just a wee bit... : )