Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Costume sale on Mayne Island

When:  Saturday, August 25th 10 am to 1 pm
Where:  The stage on the Agricultural Society grounds
Don't miss this rare opportunity to purchase costumes (vintage clothing) from the Mayne Island Little Theatre.
Have a peek...
 Halloween is just a few months away...


 And even vintage purses...








And I snagged (for only $5)...


 My muse saw a story in this purse...
Come for the sale, stay for...

***
I've had a fantastic summer. The journey began in June with an at-home writing retreat. In August, I knew I was serious when I decided to stay home and work instead of leave and relax. This summer I've meet inspirational authors and my relationship with my muse has deepened. To celebrate, my muse gave me this pep talk...



A Pep Talk From My Muse

Satisfaction comes from developing your craft. Ink on paper…capturing emotion…writing deeply…capture the minute, the essence.

Satisfaction is achieved by sitting with your pen. Exercise your brain…focus…execute…breathe life into word. Build a world…watch your characters come to life…stand for something…make a point.

Don’t worry who will care. You will.
***
Work in progress
Word count: 27, 089 words
***
Next post:  Knitting: Free hand knitting patterns and tutorials 

2 comments:

Laurie Buchanan said...

"Don’t worry who will care. You will."

I love your statement. Absolutely love it!

Author Leanne Dyck said...

: ) Thanks, Laurie. It's a gift to be at this place, at this time. I hope it last--at least a little while longer.