Sunday, June 3, 2012

I'm going to #(yarn) bomb Salt Spring Island, BC

Follow this link to learn more about Yarn Bombing.
Follow this link to learn more about World Wide Knit In Public Day
***

This week I boarding the ferry headed for Salt Spring Island.
I'll be lugging a large navy suitcase.
If you peeked inside, you'd see...

 finger puppets...
 inside sweaters (size:  12 months)

 children's cardigans (size 2)


 coffee mug cozies
 You may have noticed that some of these cozies have a patch pockets. I'll be including a short story and cookie recipe into each of these pockets.
The ferry will dock at Salt Spring Island. Then I'll catch a bus all the way to ArtCraft gallery. The gallery is open from June 15 to September 16. It's a delightful place to shop--full of treasures large and small.


***
Next post:  writing:  short story:  hockey

2 comments:

laurie buchanan said...

Oh my gosh, I haven't seen finger puppets for years - you're going to have a blast. Take lots more photos please, as I'll want a virtual tour.

Author Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you for your comment, Laurie. Yes, I do enjoy participating in ArtCraft. It allows me the luxury of doing what I enjoy--designing/knitting--and then stepping to allow someone else to do what they enjoy--marketing/selling. All so that I can continue to enjoy my passion--writing.