Monday, December 12, 2011

Craft show or craft gallery

Craft gallery
On Saturday, on this blog, I posted a link to a virtual tour of WinterCraft--an art/craft gallery on Salt Spring Island. (Scroll down the blog entry directly under this one.)

Craft show
Yesterday (Sunday), I sold my creations at a craft show here on Mayne Island. The Agricultural Society Hall was packed with treasures large and small. I shared a table with my friends Amber Harvey and Susan Snider.


(Much thanks to my booth neighbour for taking this picture.)

What, you may be curious to know, is the difference between selling at craft show or being a participating artisan in a gallery and which do I prefer?
Well, much like self-publishing or working with a publisher, at a craft show it's all me. I make the inventory; I display the inventory; I make the sale.
In a craft gallery, I work with a team. My only responsibilty is to make the inventory.
What works best for me is selling my creations through a gallery.
Although, it is (always) fun socializing with Susan and Amber.
***
Next post:  Writing game 2

2 comments:

holessence said...

Lovely, festive photograph. I'm sure lots of lucky folks are going to find your beautiful creations under the Christmas tree this holiday season.

Author Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you, Laurie. I hope so. : )