Tuesday, November 1, 2011

#NaNoWriMo

On this the first day of NaNoWriMo, I can hear the resounding tapping of fingers on keyboards.
And as this is the first day I thought I would detail how I organize my writing projects. I have had to think of this long and hard lately because my old method lost me an entire scene. No, I wasn't pleased. After pulling my hair out, I took a breathe and...
Problem:  My muse works on more than one writing projects.
Solution:  Each project now has its own binder.
Problem:  I've lost a scene. It exists in my computer--some where.
Solutiion:  Now every day I print of each new scene, slip them into page protectors and they are then add to the binder. Also in the binder are loose leaf and more page protectors. In these protectors I will slip notes about dialogue, etc.
Now my muse is free to dance between projects while I rest easy with the knowledge that I won't lose anything.
Good luck on your NaNoWriMo journey.
***
Next post:  The Sweater Curse chapter 1, page 2

2 comments:

holessence said...

I salute your well-planned strategy!

Author Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you, Laurie. It's such a pleasure to find your comments every morning.