Thursday, October 20, 2011

Writers' Union short prose competition

I received this in my email inbox today...

The Writers’ Union of Canada’s nineteenth annual Short Prose Competition for Developing Writers ends in two weeks, on November 3. If you have not been published in book format and do not have a contract with a book publisher, submit your best piece of prose of up to 2,500 words:

Deadline: postmarked by November 3, 2011
Prize: $2,500 and the winner and finalists’ entries submitted to three Canadian magazine publishers for consideration
Word limit: up to 2,500 words
Entry fee: $29 per entry, cheque or money order payable to The Writers’ Union of Canada

Mail your entry and fee to:

SPC Competition
The Writers' Union of Canada
200 -
90 Richmond Street East
Toronto ON M5C 1P1

Full guidelines can be found at http://writersunion.ca/cn_shortprose.asp

Hmm, not published in a book format--that means I can enter. Excuse, I have to write. : )
***
Next post:  Please welcome Author Barbara Elsborg

2 comments:

holessence said...

You go, girl!

Author Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you for the encouragement, Laurie. Yes, I really will have to go--I have less than 14 days to write something brilliant. Trouble is my muse is demanding I work on the sequel to The Sweater Curse. What to do? What to do?
I love writing dilemmas. ; )