Wednesday, October 12, 2011

When Gwen meets Jaron--a scene from The Sweater Curse

Gwen attends a gala evening and meets...

I snapped my fingers and every man in the room jumped, but him. He continued to talk with a blue-haired old lady. Was he gay? My dress was visually appealing. Knit from a bamboo blend, it hugged my curves. The hem was mere inches past my ass. The deep V-neck framed my cleavage. Look at me, damn you, I silently demanded as I bent over. Everyone looked, but him. Enraged, I marched over to him.
"Excuse me."
"Yes," he said.
"I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed listening to your story. I'd love to hear more, see more of you. Anytime. Anywhere." I grinned. My words were a thinly-veiled invitation to erotic pleasures.
His eyes focused on my face. "So, you enjoyed my story?" I nodded. "I wonder if I was able to effectively convey my underlying message?" His eyes didn't rake my body. I was puzzled. He must be gay.
"I think your message was clear."
"Yes, please continue. I'm listening."
"You think our society undervalues artists," I offered. "And you think this is an unfair judgement."
"What do you think?"
"I think your assessment is accurate."
Conservation flowed easily between us.

What happens next? Buy your copy of The Sweater Curse today. Buy link

2 comments:

holessence said...

Having read the book, I know what happens next, but I promise not to tell a soul...

Author Leanne Dyck said...

: ) Thanks, Laurie