Thursday, October 13, 2011

The power of Yoga

I took my first class in Yoga yesterday. Here's the email I sent my instructor...

Hi Dove,
I was so disappointed that I didn't have an opportunity to thank you for the awesome class--I had 15 minutes to walk to the library, my shift started at 11AM. You may have seen me flying around--that's why.

Thank you so much for offering suggestions for those of us less physically fit. I love Yoga's spiritual aspect. You told us to set an intention. Mine was to relax--and it worked.

Thanks to a classmate I made it to the library--just in time. Awaiting for me there were many young readers, all very interested in signing out books, few with cards. Before Yoga all of this would have freaked me out royally. After one class, I was so calm. I found myself wondering how I was taking everything so well. All I saw were wonderful young people eager to read--my heart was full.

I can't wait until next Wednesday.

Leanne

Where will I be next Wednesday?

(click to embolden)

Why don't you join me?
***
Next post:  Please welcome author Keta Diablo

2 comments:

holessence said...

"I love Yoga's spiritual aspect. You told us to set an intention. Mine was to relax--and it worked"

Leanne - you go, girl!

Author Leanne Dyck said...

With your ever-present encouragement, support and words I will. Thank you, Laurie. : )