Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Touring The Starving Artist Cafe (Scene from The Sweater Curse)

Protagonist Gwen Bjarnson's first impressions of the Starving Artist cafe...

I parked in front of a large colourful abstract mural that decorated the exterior of the cafe. I climbed out of the car, walked to the cafe, and pushed open the solid oak doors. Inside, I was immersed in a vibrant environment full of inspiration, full of colour. Artistically arranged paintings, sculptures, and pottery decorated the interior.
On stage, a harpist played, adding a touch of elegance.

The walls and booths were in muted tones meant to accent, not detract, from the art I sat and studied the menu. Soup, sandwiches, seafood, burgers, pasta. It was the usual fare.
***
Buy your copy of The Sweater Curse ebook link
***
Next post: Come with me to the Mayne Island Fall Fair

2 comments:

holessence said...

Leanne - Is the Starving Artist Cafe loosly based on a cafe/restaurant that you've actually been to?

The Sweater Curse said...

Hi Laurie,
Thank you for the questions. This cafe is a total fabrication of my creative mind. Though I've since learnt that a cafe named the Starving Artist does exist -- somewhere in Ontario. I hope to visit it someday.