Friday, August 5, 2011

Please welcome author Heather Kuehl

How/why did you start to write?
HK: I started writing in high school. At the time, I was enamoured with high fantasy. I wrote anything having to do with dragons and sorcerers. Now I still do write about dragons and sorcerers, just in a modern paranormal world.

How did you become an author?
HK: I wrote. I edited. I submitted. I got rejected more times than I can count. Then, finally, acceptance!

What was you first published piece?
HK: Fade to Black was my first published book. It's the first of my Sarah Vargas Series and one of my favourites. It tells the story of Sarah Vargas, a werewolf with only one thing on her mind -- revenge. Her goal in life is to track down and kill the werewolf that changed her. But first, she has to travel to Charleston, South Carolina to take care of two vampires of the Blood Moon Corporation. While there, she discovers some shocking secrets about her partner, Jared Fontaine. Secrets that may very well destroy her.

Where was it published?
HK: Fade to Black was published by Eternal Press. Buy Link

How long ago?
HK: October of 2009. Wow, it seems like it happened yesterday, LOL.

What did you do before embarking on your writing career? Was it an asset to your writing? How?
HK: I worked as a librarian while I was in college. That was definitely helpful, since I was able to easily research the things I wanted to know.

What inspires you?
HK: Everything. My son, music, television, movies, things people say or do. Everything.

Please share one of your successful marketing techniques
HK: Doing what I'm doing now, guest blogging. I've found that it's the best way to get the word around about my books and getting to meet new people.

Parting words
HK: I have some advice for writers; never give up. The road to publication is hard and rough, but it's worth it in the end.

And, of course, it's time for my shameless promotion. : o ) Please check out my new releases, Dream Lover and Epiphany.

Blurb

Everlena doesn't usually go out to clubs, but one night she decides to, on a whim. She meets Mika, a man who is as mysterious as he is delectable. Everlena doesn't know that Mika has plans for her, or that dark forces are out to get her. Mika is the Fey-King of the Unseelie Court. He's trying to find the princess of the Seelie Court, and is shocked to find her living life as a human. Even more shocking is that this human has no clue Mika's world even exists. Mika must get Everlena to safety while convincing her that a union between her light court and his dark court is the only way to end the violence. With danger around every turn, will Everlena be able to leave her human life behind and take her place as a princess of the Seelie Court? Or will the feelings blossoming between Everlena and Mika get in the way?

Buy Link


Blurb



Denna Rainerd has dreamed about Warren Connelly for the past ten years, their relationship in the dream world hot and passionate. Pity he isn't real...or is he? Warren wishes that Denna was in his real world, but a human in his world would be a liability. He's a Hunter shapeshifter; sworn to protect his world from the darkest of creatures while he's focused on revenge for the death of his brother. Their worlds collide when Warren saves Denna's life, setting up a chain of events that will change their lives forever. Will Denna be able to accept Warren's supernatural secrets?




And don't forget to check out my other books at http://www.heatherkuehl.com

No comments: