Monday, July 11, 2011

How to handle a bad review

I'm buoyed by the positive reviews I've received for The Sweater Curse. However, reviewers have not always cheered over all my writing.
How did I deal with those words?
Well, by realizing that writing is a journey. After kicking the wall and shedding a few tears, I acknowledged my thankfulness for the reviewer. Yes, thankfulness because she pointed out an area that needed improvement. I did this while my friends and family sang, "That's only one opinion--we love it."
Write fearlessly,
Leanne

2 comments:

holessence said...

Leanne - "...writing is a journey." You're absolutely right, and feedback is a gift because it helps us to polish our craft.

The Sweater Curse said...

Hi Laurie,
Thank you for your comment.
I think it has a lot to do with power--who you'd like to give it to and if you like it to be negative or positive.
But believe me it took a lot for me to come to this realization.