Thursday, June 30, 2011

What a cookie (recipe)?

I deleted a ranting post. I figure you've probably got your own problems--you don't need to inheret mine. So, instead, here's one of my favourite cookie recipes.


Oatmeal cookies

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

1 cup butter

2 beaten eggs

2 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 cups flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

3 cups oatmeal

1 cup raisins


Cream sugars and butter; add beaten eggs and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda and salt; mix in oatmeal and raisins. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown (approximately 10 minutes).

Yield: approximately 2 dozen


I could eat one dozen right now. : ) There a great non-alcoholic way to drown your troubles.

2 comments:

John said...

I know a lot of folks who don’t eat eggs (they’re allergic, for health reasons, or concerns about animal cruelty). Here’s an awesome site that gives tips on cooking and baking without eggs: http://EggFreeLiving.com

holessence said...

Leanne - Thank you for the cookie recipe.

There's a large part of me that would have rather read the ranting post -- probably equally delicious.