Friday, May 20, 2011

Please welcome Author Elaina Lee

How/why did you start to write?
A teacher gave me an assignment in the sixth grade, we had to write a fantasy. I wrote about a young girl who'd just lost her parents and went to live on her Uncle's farm, where she found the animals could speak to her. Every spare chance I had, I sat at the big Apple computer and typed away! Haven't stopped since. : )

How did you become an author?
I worked really (really) hard, LOL! For three years I slaved over improving my writing with the help of a fabulous group of women. When I thought I could handle the pain of rejection after all my hard work, I submitted and to my shock, was offered a contract.

What was your published piece?
A dark romantic suspense titled Written in Blood.

Where was it published?
Noble Romance

How long ago?
November of last year.

What did you do before embarking on your writing career? Was it an asset to your writing? How?
Well, first I had to decide if I wanted to just write for me or if I was really serious about being a published author. I thought writing the book was the hard part, but it turns out, that's actually the easiest part. Did I really want that? Or did I want to just stay in my blissful ignorance of all the rules? No, I wanted to be published, so I went in search of other authors who help me. And yes, their expertise and support has been a HUGE asset.

What inspires you?
Music and events in real life that make me go "hmmmmm"

Please share one of your successful marketing techniques?
I have NO idea what's been successful. I don't write erotica so my sales are pretty low. I purchase marketing ads and seek out reviews, as reviews sell books. But mostly, I just make sure I'm out there being 'seen'.

Parting words
Thank you so much for having me!
(It was a pleasure, Elaina. )






Lyndi Crisdean is assigned one of the hardest cases in her career as a defense attorney. A serial murder case. Investigating is Alek Trevian, the lead investigator for the district attorney, and a handsome and supremely dangerous man. Lyndi finds herself in over her head when she chooses desire for Alek over common sense. If they're caught, Lyndi will lose everything she's worked for. Circumstance beyond her controll pull her toward Alek, for he turns out to be the only one who can help when threats start to mount against her.

Lyndi may be the key Alek needs to bring down a murderous cult running loose in his city. When her beach house is broken into and a man begins to tail Lyndi, Alek can't help but reason Lyndi may be next on the cult's hitlist. The question is, will be discover the identity of the cult, keep her safe, and still win the case against the serial killer she's defending, all while losing a battle against the strong, untamable desire she alone ignites within him?



Author website: www.elainalee.com



Author blog: www.elaina-lee.blogspot.com

More information regarding WRITTEN IN BLOOD


2 comments:

Elaina Lee said...

Thank you for having me, Leanne!!!

The Sweater Curse said...

You most welcome! Thank you for visiting. : )