Friday, April 22, 2011

Please welcome Author Traci Bell

How/why did you start to write?
I've always had characters in my head. I thought they were just an escape from reality or a guilty pleasure, until I went though a divorce. I started writing as a way to work through the pain and the issues that caused the split from my ex-husband. After that I spent some time raising my son, then I remarried and had a daughter. In 2007 I started to write again, and I haven't been able to stop.

**
How did you become an author?
I pitched my third novel to Crescent Moon Press. The acquisitions editor asked me to send her the full manuscript for consideration and subsequently offered to published it.
**
What was your first published piece?
My fantasy romance, Entangled, is my first published novel. It's about a teacher from earth who is pulled to another world by her soul mate, where she must suspend her disbelief in order to stop natural disasters that aren't natural.
**
Where was it published?
It's published through Crescent Moon Press and available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble in print and e-book versions.
**
How long ago?
It debuted last month.
**
What did you do before embarking on your writing career? Was it an asset to your writing? How?
I've worked in human resource management most of my career; however, the best asset to my writing is living. Every encounter, every experience, every emotion goes into my writer's toolbox.
**
What inspires you?
Everything inspires me--music, science, spirituality, my own uncontrollable imagination... Several years ago I read an article that described how in quantum physics, two linked particles can share a single fate, even when they're miles apart. Being a romance author, my mind ran with the idea of two lovers being linked, sharing a fate, and feeling a connection, even when they're miles apart. The end result is my fantasy romance, Entangled.
**
Please share one of your successful marketing technique?
Though it has only been a matter of weeks, word of mouth has been my most successful marketing technique, with book reviews being second.
**
Parting words
I appreciate the opportunity to share my experiences. Thank you!

You're most welcome, Traci. It was my pleasure.

**
Author links Website: http://tracibell.net/
Blog:
http://tracibell.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @traci_bell




When divorced teacher Cassie Miller dreamt about meeting her soul mate, her happily-ever-after didn't include threats of abduction to a parallel world to help him save his people from imminent destruction.

Alexos de Werner, exiled prince of a land now under Republican rule, is searching for the woman that can help stop the disasters devastating his home province of Ennis, in his world of Caedmon. Alex will do anything to save his people, even if they don't want his help.

Unnerved by the connection she feels with Alex and the new abilities awakening inside her. Cassie refuses Alex's request for help as ludicrous. A demonstration of his otherworldly abilities convince Cassie her only choice is to help him.

Once on Caedmon, Cassie must learn to trust Alex and accept her gift before Ennis is lost. Can she open her heart and mind and become the student instead of the teacher?

2 comments:

Traci Bell said...

Thanks again!

The Sweater Curse said...

You're most welcome, Traci! Thank you for visiting!