Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Sweater Curse (outtake)

The pity of the bully's victim is a subject I'm very interested in exploring through my writing. In fact, I have--however, that part of The Sweater Curse was weeded out. (Breathe in, breathe out) I'll offer it to you... *** I walked the schoolyard ever ready to prey on the weak, the freak--those who due to their appearance or behaviour stood out as other. * Space Cadet was my favourite quarry. She sheldom ventured inot my kingdom. She knew what awaited her there. Instead, duing recess, she hid out in the resource room while her special teacher attempted to help her catch up. * Between classes, she aimlessly wandered the halls staring at her feet or with her nose in a book. She was a zoombie who crashed into locker doors or was tripped and fell. In class, she never raised her hand. When called on, she supplied an erroneous answer in a muffled, vacant voice. * My minion and I took pleasure in her torture. It was such easy play--she was so sensitive. A casual comment here, a sideways look there then I sat back and watched the effects manifest. I knew exactly how to cut to the heart and watch the blood flow. She had no defence against our attacks. She stood, silent as a single tear trailed down her face. *** There's more...and someday...maybe...if you like, I'll share it.

2 comments:

holessence said...

How cool to share your "outtakes" -- it keeps it alive and breathing.

The Sweater Curse said...

Thank you, Laurie, that's very helpful feedback.