Friday, March 4, 2011

Please welcome author Jess Anastasi


Blurb
FBI Special Agent Ella Waverly is wrapping up one last assignment before heading off on her first holiday in five years. But flip-flops and cocktails are the last thing on her mind when she meets the new team leader, Special Agent Bryce Lain, and find out her holiday is being scuttled for an undercover assignment.
*
Agent Lain is gorgeous, the kind of gorgeous that guarantees he's an arrogant jerk. The news that he'll be her partner in the dangerous mission is almost enough to make her head explode. Before the day is out, Ella finds herself at Little Palm Island Resort in Florida, masquerading as a contestant on the latest reality TV show--Lord Bachelor. The bachelor in question, a disgraced British peer, is suspected of raping and murdering sever women back in London.
*
A humidity frizzes her hair beyond the help of any type of de-frizzing, smoothing, glossing product, Ella tries to wrangle working against nineteen husband-hungry bimbos, one suspected serial killer and one seriously hot agent who's trying everything he can to get under her skin.
***
Interview
How/why did you start to write?
*
I started writing seriously the year after I left high school. It was something I'd always done and at that point I pretty much thought "well, what have I got to lose by trying it as an actual career?" I've put a lot of hard work into it since then!
*
How did you become an author?
*
It was a very slow evolution for me to stop thinking of myself as just a 'writer' and start thinking of myself as an actual serious author. For a long time, I didn't feel I could call myself an author without having anything published. But then, gradually I came to realize that in order to get published, I had to start calling myself an author, have the confidence in myself and my work.
*
What was you first published piece?
*
Though I've had short stories and other bits and pieces published in the past, the piece I view as my first real published work is Sanctuary, my sci-fi romance.
*
Where was it published?
*
It is available through Nobel Romance Publishing. At the moment, it's only available as e-book format (and the second, Severance, recently came out as well) but in a few months, both books will be going to print. My romantic suspense, Dead Reality, will also be available in print at some point in the future.
*
How long ago?
*
Sanctuary was released last November.
*
What did you do before embarking on your writing career? Was it an asset to your writing? How?
*
I studied Horticulture. And while I still love gardens and plants, it did absolutely nothing for my writing career!
*
What inspires you?
*
Could be anything. A picture, a song, a scene from a TV show, a snippet of conversation I hear in the supermarket, someone I see on the street.
*
Please share one of your successful marketing techniques?
*
I'm a newbie, I have NO idea when it comes to marketing, but this blog tour we've all been doing together has been pretty fun!
(I strongly agree)
*
Thanks so much for having me!
*
You're most welcome, Jess. It was my pleasure. The best of luck with your book.
*
Please visit Jess online:
www.jessanastasi.com
www.jessanastasi.blogspot.com
Twitter@JessAnastasi
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/Jess-Anastasi/129441077081452
Author Page Noble Romance Publishing
http://www.nobleromance.com/BrowseListing.aspx?author=130
Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jess+anastasi

1 comment:

Kathleen Ann Gallagher's Place to Reflect said...

I enjoyed the blurb, Jess! Dead Reality has an interesting premise. I love the cover, too.

Congrats!