Friday, January 28, 2011

Chris Redding


How/why did you start to write?

I began writing as a kid. I would spend hours alone in my room writing. I could make the world do what I wanted unlike things that were happening in my real world. Fast forward to being pregnant with my second child and I couldn't NOT write. I figured if I was going to spend time doing it. I might as well get paid for it.

How did you become an author?

A woman in my group was published by Wings Press. She was very happy with them and excited to be published. Her excitement was infectious. So I submitted The Drinking Game to them. They took a few months then offered me a contract. Via e-mail. On my birthday! The best birthday present ever.

What was your first published piece?

The Drinking Game. Its' about an FBI profiler and a homicide detective tracking down a serial killer.

Where was it published?

Wings Press a small electronic publisher. They have pretty good distribution.

How long ago?

August of 2004. Seems like eons ago or that it was just yesterday.

What did you do before embarking on your writing career? Was it an asset to your writing? How?

My degree is in journalism. I held a job briefly writing for a newspaper. Then I met my husband and I followed his career around. We lived in countries outside of the U.S. I think any experiences you have help your writing.

What inspires you?

The desire to eventually pay someone else to clean my house
(LOL Ah, yes, a sweet dream shared)

Please share one of your successful marketing techniques

It is so hard to tell whether something is working or not. Most of my books have either just been put out or they were out before I knew anything about marketing.

Parting words

I hope everyone enjoys the ride of Incendiary

Where you can find me on the web:
www.chrisreddingauthor.com
www.facebook.com/chrisreddingauthor
www.twitter.com/chrisredding
www.myspace.com/chrisreddingauthor



2 comments:

creativepotager said...

Great interview Leanne and pleased to meet you Chris. Ah for the love of writing. You both express it well. Thank you! Terrill

Leanne Dyck said...

Thanks for visiting, Terrill. You also write some good prose--looking forward to reading more. : )