Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Apologizes to the Yarn Harlot, Debbie Macomber and Kate Jacobs

I've stuck my foot in my mouth before, I will--unfortunately--do it again. All I can do when this happens is duck for cover, wait and then clean up the mess.
*
Today, I'll try to clean up the mess.
*
December 28th, on the Daily Dose of Decadence blog (http://decadentpublishing.blogspot.com), in answer to what inspired me to write The Sweater Curse, I said, 'I was sick of all the stereotypes about knitters. We're not all shy little mice who sit quietly in the corner rocking while we knit.'
I'm happy with that answer. I think it fairly represents my desires.
*
However--and here's where I would like to climb back into bed and pull the blankets over my head--on January 2nd, on the same blog (in answer to a similar question) I wrote, 'I was sick and tired of reading cute stories about nice knitters.'
*
Writing is hard enough without writers attacking each other. Positivity breeds positivity. I want to be a means of supportive to aspiring, emerging and established authors.
*
And, besides, I've read...
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off and At Knit's End (www.yarnharlot.ca)
Kate Jacobs' The Friday Night Knitting Club (www.katejacobs.com/blog)
Debbie Macomber's A Good Yarn (http://blog.debbiemacomber.com)
I've read these fine books and thoroughly enjoyed them.
*
So, what I should have written was, 'I would like to expand the body of knitting-themed literature to include one of my favourite genres--thrillers.'
*
I hope Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, Kate Jacobs and Debbie Macomber can accept my apologize. And, to you, dear reader, I promise to (try) to think before I write.
*
Thank you for reading this,
Leanne
*
Next Post: A sweater update

No comments: