Saturday, December 11, 2010

Six Sentences Sunday

My excitement over my soon-to-be published thriller The Sweater Curse has inspired me to dream.
What if...
What if you love my thriller?
What if you want more?
What if you demand a sequel?
*
*
As I dreamed, a small bud of an idea was seeded. Here is the seedling poking forth out of the soil...
*
Please note, this is unedited.
*
*
Weaving in the Ends (working title)
by Leanne Dyck
*
She pulled her knitting bag from her canvas purse and laid it on the desk. Her dark mahogany bamboo sticks felt cool now, but she knew they would soon grow warm in her hands. Around them she began wrapping milky white silk. After consulting the pattern, she added ten more stitches for a total of 80.
*
Bamboo and silk is so seductive. It's a knitter's erotica, she thought as she knit.
*
*
I look forward to your feedback.
*
I'll share more next Sunday.
*
Please visit the other Six Sentence Sunday sites http://sixsunday.blogspot.com
*
I thoroughly enjoyed my time on 30 days of decadence. Thank you to those who logged on and to those who commented. I offered one contributor a copy of my audiobook Novelty Yarn and a copy of my cozy mystery Maynely A Mystery.
And the winner is Linda Henderson.
Please continue to log on to www.30daysofdecadence.blogspot.com and pass the eggnog.
*
Monday's post: How I formed my creative community and tips on how you can start yours.

18 comments:

lisafoxromance said...

Sounds like a really good beginning to me!

Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you, Lisa. : ) I'll be by to read your offering later today.

Kathleen Ann Gallagher's Place to Reflect said...

I think she has something else on her mind. Great teaser.

Rebecca Royce said...

Great post!! Well done!

Christa Paige said...

I have no knowledge of knitting but this sure made me think it would be fun to try it out!

Sandra Sookoo said...

It's true about knitting needles. I love to shop for the strange and unique ones :-)

Dee Carney said...

Who knew? Knitting is sexy. Huh.

Marsha A. Moore said...

Very sensual. Nice snippet.

Leanne Dyck said...

Oh, Kathleen Ann, whatever do you mean? Um...yeah...you know I'm not that innocent. Hope you log on next Sunday to find out what exactly she has in mind. : )

Leanne Dyck said...

Hi Rebecca.
Thank you for visiting and for your kind words. I hope you'll be back next Sunday. : )

Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you, Christa. Oh, yes, it is fun and the only way you will find out is if you do try.
I see many happy trips to the local yarn shop in your future.

Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you, Sandra, for dropping by. Lantern Moon are my favourites.

Leanne Dyck said...

Hi Dee
Oh, knitters knew--we just weren't telling.

Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you, Marsha. I appreciate your words of support.

Taryn Kincaid said...

Knitter's erotica! Great line!

Joleene Naylor said...

This was fun. My experience with knitting has always been more of a horror story... ;)

Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you, Taryn. This scene was very fun to write. I'll share more.

Leanne Dyck said...

LOL, Joleene